How much data does Spotify use?
There is no doubt that Spotify has changed the world of music, but in various countries like the United States and Canada, the mobile carriers are pretty much slow to offer plans that are required to use Spotify.
This particular problem has made people give thought about how much data does Spotify use when a user uses it for a month.
How much data does Spotify use?
To answer your question on a brief note, data used by Spotify entirely depends upon the settings of the music quality that you have chosen. There are three types of settings: Normal, High, and Extreme. A user depending upon his/her data plan can select the settings accordingly, but keep in mind that the higher the quality, the higher will be the data usage.
Now let’s dig more into the topic that how much data does Spotify uses?
As already discussed the amount of data used by Spotify entirely depends upon the settings that one has kept to listen to music, so let’s talk this in deep.
- If a user keeps the settings to Normal Quality, then he/she will burn approximately 40 megabytes per hour while accessing music on Spotify.
- Keeping the settings to High Quality will let users burn approximately 40 megabytes per hour while streaming the music.
- And using Extreme Quality as the settings to listen to music on Spotify will burn approximately 150 megabytes per hour.
- Besides these three options to choose the quality of music from, users are also provided with Automatic Quality settings that will automatically select the best settings for you out of the three, based on your network.
Till now we have discussed how much data does Spotify use, now we will move on to what can we do to manage the data usage on Spotify.
- Music streaming services compared
- How much data does streaming video use?
- How Much Data Does Netflix Use
How to manage your Spotify data usage?
What we have discussed till now clearly makes transparent that data usage on Spotify entirely depends upon the settings of the music quality, so to manage the data we have to deal with the settings again, but this time the different ones. So let’s begin:
- Keep an eye on your mobile data usage– This is one of the best ways to manage the data usage over Spotify. You can keep an eye over how much data you are using with Spotify, doing this will help you choose your music quality settings if your current settings exceed the data limits. You can reach the settings of your phone and tap Mobile Data to check how much data does the app uses.
- Reach Spotify’s settings– The next thing that you can do to keep control over your data usage with Spotify is: Open Spotify app on your smartphone and tap the settings wheel in the top-right corner under Your Library. Now reach the Music Quality settings by scrolling down and change your streaming settings. Simple!.
- Use Spotify Offline: This is somewhat the last thing that you can do to manage your data usages with Spotify. If you are a premium Spotify subscriber then you can download your favorite songs and listen to them anytime you want without spending your precious data.
That’s it! So finally we have discussed that how much data does Spotify uses while listening to music online and what can we do to manage the data usage over the app while listening to our favorite songs.