How Much Data Does Netflix Use?
Nowadays various types of entertainment platform are available, Where with the use of internet, users are using all kinds of content. Though Online streaming way is quite convenient, But also the one common question comes into users mind, That is about to data consumption.
In to this various types of live streaming category applications, users are always confused about to data consumption.They have same question about for most popular and globally used application ‘Netflix’. Here one thing is always important and everyone should know about it, That is data consumption is depends on some parameters.
Here in this article you are going to introduce with such kind of data consumption parameters, Also by that way you will get to know about data consumption for streaming content over ‘Netflix’.
How Much Data Does Netflix Use?
List Of Parameters To Responsible For Data Consumption.
- Usage Span.
- Content Type.
- Content Quality Resolution.
1. Usage Span:
Span is very important parameter, which decides mostly how much data going to utilized. Because as long you are going to use ‘Netflix’ that much data also going to consume. Probably most of the users are not aware about this thing or they are forgetting this thing during the streaming.
2. Content Type:
On online platform so many kinds of contents are available i.e Audio Content, Video Content, Written content etc. These things are responsible to consumed data over online streaming. On ‘Netflix’ you are getting only video content so here your data going to spend on video content only.
3. Content Quality Resolution:
Doesn’t matter you are going to use audio or video content, There is specific quality resolution for such kind of contents i.e Low Quality, HD Quality, Full HD Quality, 2k Resolution, 4k Resolution etc. So here according to video quality resolution, That much data you are going to spend on ‘Netflix’.
How Much Data Does Netflix Use On Phone
If you have purchased specific data pack i.e 10 GB, And you want to use ‘Netflix’ on your smartphone.Then below given some data consumption breakdown, according to that your data will be spend. (These all parameters for half hour/ 30 minutes span)
- Low Quality: If you are watching any video content for half hour on ‘Netflix’ through smartphone with low video quality i.e 240p, 320p, Then you have to spend around 150 MB data.
- Medium Quality(SD): 480p resolution is recognised as a SD quality resolution. If for half hour you are going to watch video content on ‘Netflix’ with this resolution, then you will have to spend upto 500 MB data for that.
- High Quality(1080p): On ‘Netflix’ if you are going to use any video content for half hour with Full HD quality resolution,Then you will have to spend Upto 1.5 GB data for that.
- UHD: 2k and 4k resolutions are recognized as a Ultra HD video content, So if you are going to stream 4k video content for half on ‘Netflix’, then you will have to spend 3 GB and 600 MB data for that.
So These are the some breakdown by which your data is going to utilized over ‘Netflix’, Here you have seen almost all parameters are responsible to consume data as we told earlier.
How Much Data Does Netflix Use on a computer/laptop?
The most basic answer to the question is the amount of data that Netflix uses depends on the quality of the video that you have set in the playback settings menu, and it also depends on the length of the show you’re watching. The longer a movie or show is, the more data it’ll end up using.
More pixels on the video means more data, which ultimately means more usage. The clearer the picture, the more data Netflix will use.
We calculated the data usage over Netflix in different situations and came up with a general result:
- When we set the video quality to a low-bandwidth setting, Netflix consumed 0.3 gigabytes (or 300 megabytes, more or less) of data per hour and 216 gigabytes per month.
- When we set the video quality to a medium-bandwidth setting, Netflix consumed about 0.7 gigabytes of data per hour and 504 gigabytes per month.
- When we set the video quality to a high-bandwidth setting, Netflix consumed about 3 gigabytes per hour for HD video and 7 gigabytes per hour for Ultra HD video. So the monthly usages were 2160 GBs and 5040 GBs respectively.
How Much Data Does Netflix Use On Hotspot
Data consumption on ‘Netflix’ is going to be happen as per standard strategy, Though you are going to stream video over Hotspot then also same data you are spending as like mobile data plan. As we have shown this data breakdown on above information, You can refer that to get understand this concept more vividly.
How Much Data Does Netflix Use Per Hour
Here you are going to see hourly basis data consumption on ‘Netflix’ as per data breakdown on the basis of standard parameters.
- Low Quality: With low quality video streaming if you are going to use ‘Netflix’ for one hour, Then you will have to spend data 300 MB/Hour.
- Medium Quality: To Stream SD or Medium quality video for one hour on ‘Netflix’ you will have to spend data 1GB/Hour.
- High Quality(1080p): If you want to stream high quality video i.e 1080p for one hour on ‘Netflix’ Then you will need to spend data 3GB/Hour.
- UHD: 4K resolution video content if you are going to stream over ‘Netflix’ for one hour, Then you will have to spend data upto 7GB/Hour.
Per Day Basis Data Consumption On ‘Netflix’
- Low Quality:- 7.2 GB/ Day
- Medium Quality:- 24 GB/ Day
- High Quality:- 72 GB/ Day.
- UHD:- 168 GB/ Day.
Weekly Base Data Consumption On ‘Netflix’
- Low Quality:- 50.4 GB/Week.
- Medium Quality:- 168 GB/Week.
- High Quality:- 504 GB/Week.
- UHD:- 1176 GB/Week.
Monthly Basis Data Consumption On ‘Netflix’
- Low Quality:- 201.6 GB/Month
- Medium Quality:- 672 GB/Month
- High Quality:- 2016 GB/Month
- UHD:- 4704 GB/Month.
So these are the some data consumption breakdown over Netflix on the basis of some important parameters. Hope you have understood now exact data consumption over Netflix.
Netflix Quiz Questions and Answers
Ans: 3 GB.
Ans: Ultra High Definition.