When it comes to Antivirus and Security, Norton is one of the names that comes to the front, offering amazing Antivirus and security services across different devices. Also, many people make use of Firestick, which is a media streaming device, which lets you stream video, install apps, play music, and more, on your TV.
Norton provides a VPN (Norton Secure VPN) as well, which is also a much-requested and used service by many people. The VPN service by Norton is available across different types of devices, but unfortunately, it is not available on the Amazon App Store.
How to Install Norton VPN on Firestick
So, it becomes a question as to how can we get Norton VPN on Firestick. So, in this article, we are going to discuss how can you get Norton VPN on your Firestick, and stay secure while you are surfing the internet.
What is Norton VPN, or VPN in general?
If we try to understand what is VPN, in a super simple language, it simply stands for “Virtual Private Network”, and you can understand it as something, using which, it more difficult for third parties to track your online activities and then steal your data. In simple terms, a VPN encrypts your internet traffic and masks your identity online, and this encryption is real-time.
When we say Norton VPN, it is a VPN service offered by Norton, by the name of Norton Secure VPN. Using Norton VPN, you can be secure while you are surfing the internet.
What is Firestick?
If you are already familiar with what is Firestick (or Amazon Fire TV stick), you can skip this part, since it is for those, who are not already familiar with what is Firestick. You can simply understand Firestick as a media streaming device, using which, you can stream videos, install apps, play music, and more on your TV.
You can assume the Firestick to be a tool, which converts your normal TV into a smart TV.
How can you install Norton VPN on Firestick?
Well, as we have mentioned earlier, the Norton VPN app is not available for download from the Amazon App Store, so you cannot directly install the Norton VPN app as you do it usually for the other apps from the Amazon App Store, but there can be considered as an either way, using which you can download the Norton App. Let’s discuss that.
First of all, in order to download the Norton Secure VPN, these are some of the necessary steps that you need to follow, and following this, we are going to see two methods to download Norton VPN in your FireStick. So, first, follow these steps, and then you can head to any method for Download.
Method 1 – How to install Norton VPN on Firestick using Downloader
As mentioned earlier, since the Norton VPN is not listed on the Amazon App Store, you can simply download it sidealong, and then install it into the Firestick. Here are some of the steps you need to follow in order to download the Norton VPN app in your Firestick, and then install it.
First, understand that we are going to use the downloader app for downloading the Norton VPN since it is not already available on Amazon App Store. So, if you have the downloader app already, you can skip the first 5 steps, and head to step number 6.
- Open your Firestick Home screen.
- Now, you need to go to the search icon, and then search for Downloader.
- After you get the search results, you have to select the “Downloader app” option available on the screen.
- After that, you need to click on the Get or Download icon to download the Downloader app.
- When the app is downloaded, you have to open it.
- Now, You should go to the Firestick settings, and then select My Fire TV tile.
- You need to click on the Install Unknown Apps option, which is available in the Developer Options feature.
- Now, you need to toggle on the Downloader app.
- Now, just open the Downloader app on your Firestick.
- Go through the on-screen prompts and allow the permission to read the storage from Firestick.
- Now, you need to download the APK file for Norton Secure VPN, which can be downloaded from here (We are not promoting this link. It is just for recommendation, so download the Norton VPN at your own risk from here!)
- After downloading the APK file, you can install it.
- When the App is installed, you can just launch the VPN app.
As you can see, following these simple steps, you can download and install the Norton secure VPN. Since the Norton Secure VPN is not available for download on the Amazon App Store, we needed to download the APK file separately, and then install it on our Firestick.
Method 2 – Another method to Install Norton Secure VPN on Firestick.
This method is quite similar to the above-mentioned method if you have followed it. In this method, we are going to make use of the ES file explorer. So, if you have already got the ES file explorer on your Firestick, you can open it, otherwise, you can download it.
Here are some of the steps that you need to follow, in order to download Norton Secure VPN on Firestick.
- First of all, download the ES File Explorer (If you have got it already, ignore this step)
- Now, you need to make some changes to the settings. Go to Firestick settings, and then navigate to My Fire TV.
- Then, select Developer Options, then under Install from Unknown sources, turn on ES file explorer.
- Now, you just need to launch the ES file explorer app, and then tap on the Downloader icon.
- Press on the + New icon at the bottom of your screen.
- After that, enter the download address for Norton VPN (The path for download) and the name fields.
- After this, click on the Download Now option, and download the file.
- After the file has been downloaded, open the file.
- Now, you need to install it, by clicking the install option.
- Tap the Open option to open the app on Firestick.
As you can see, it is very easy to download and install the Norton Secure VPN app for your Firestick.
Note: Since the Norton Secure VPN app is not available for download on the Amazon App Store, we needed to download it from unknown sources, or external sources. So, it may, or may not be secure to download Norton Secure VPN. There are multiple websites where you can find the APK file for Norton Secure VPN, but we do not recommend or promote downloading APK from any untrusted source.
So, the download that you are doing is at your own risk, since it may cause damage to any level.
In this article, we understood how to download and install Norton Secure VPN on our Firestick. It is very simple to download Norton Secure VPN, just the only thing is that we need to make some changes to the settings.
The thing is that the Norton Secure VPN is not available for installation from the Amazon App Store, it needs to be downloaded from an external source, which might not be trusted, and things may or may not go wrong. So, please download at your own risk, or do not download.
FAQs related to Norton VPN on Firestick
Ans: VPN stands for Virtual Private Network, and it can be understood as if it simply makes it difficult for the third parties to track your activities online, and steal data.
Ans: Firestick, or Amazon Fire TV Stick is a media streaming device, that connects to your TV, and you can then stream videos, music, download apps, and more on your TV. In simple words, it converts your normal TV into a smart TV.
Ans: Norton Secure VPN is not available directly for download on the Amazon App Store, so it requires you to download the APK from an external source, which may or may not be trusted. So, do it at your own risk.