Quickly and Easily Delete Amazon Account
The retail giant Amazon is quite popular among people from this end of the world. An amazing and vast variety of services provided by it have mesmerized shopping lovers all over. Amazon offers a huge number of services from electronic products to books and from music to sunglasses for cool looks.
Amazon gives a delightful shopping tour of products with al lot of services like Author Central, Kindle, Audible, Prime videos, Prime Photos, App store and much much more. Though it offers a lot of people might be unsatisfied because of various issues such as shippingproblems, business practices or some other.
For any solid reason, if you have made your mind move on from Amazon, you need to know that you are going to lose much more than you thought. As an Amazon account is a single account used for various services and not just shopping you might have to give a second thought about leaving Amazon. But you are done with the decision the next thing to take into account is that the process of closing the Amazon account is not so simple. Isn’t it obvious? A company like Amazon always wants you to keep you on the customers’ list. In fact, they want to grow and add more and more customers and not lose them.
How to delete Amazon account?
- How to Permanently Delete Amazon Account.
- How to Remove Email From Amazon Account.
- How to Amazon Photos Account.
- Get Rid Of Amazon Business Account.
- How to Erase Amazon Account.
- Final Words.
How to Permanently Delete Amazon Account
Before you go to delete any specific Amazon account permanently you need to pay attention to some important things. Like if once you have done a request for account deletion that means all the other services which are linked with that account on the Amazon platform, that will also not be accessible through deleted account user ID and password.
Straightly meaning of this explanation is if you are currently operating Amazon shopping, Prime Video account, Amazon jobs, etc. like account through the same user ID. Now suddenly if you have deleted that account, then next time you will totally unable to access all other Amazon services from the deleted account user ID.
Now if someone has decided to delete his/her Amazon account permanently, then what he/she will need to do about that all information you will get to read below here.
- To delete an Amazon account you will need to visit the official website of Amazon. For that open any specific browser on your smartphone or Pc. Next, go to visit the official website of Amazon through that browser.
- Once you have reached on Amazon homepage, you will need to log in first by filling in all the details of that account, which you want to delete permanently.
- Once you have done successfully log in to Amazon, you will need to visit on bottom or footer section of the website where you will get to see the ‘Help’ option. Actually, it is the one kind of link through that you can visit into the help section, to do that tap or click on the Help option.
- Next you will once again need to visit the footer section through the help option, where you will get to see the ‘Customer Service’ option, click or tap on that.
- Now next click or tap on ‘Contact us’ option.
- Once you will have gone through the contact us option, you may get to see there ‘prime or something else’ button option, tap or click on that.
- Ahead you will need to scroll down to tell us more section options, where you will have to choose the next option as login and security.
- Next choose ‘Close my account Settings’ option.
- Here you will need to write an email request regarding the closure of the account permanently, for that you will need to click or tap on the email button.
- Once the writing section of the email will open, then start to write an email where you will need to mention any specific reason, for what you have decided to close your Amazon account.
By following all the above-given steps you will be able to delete your Amazon account permanently, now read carefully below the given note that is very much important for that every user who wants to delete your Amazon account permanently.
Mail Example to Close Amazon Account Permanently.
To: Amazon customer support email address
From: Your email address.
Cc: optional email address if needed
Subject:- Request to closure my Amazon account permanent basis.
Mr. John Waugh, want to request that for three years I am your customer while using Amazon’s different types of services with the same e-mail address from which I am currently mailing you. Now I want to close this account permanently because I have already another Amazon account, where I have already added funds,s and every time I am using that account for various types of Amazon services. I guess I don’t have a need for this extra account, while I am unable to manage both this Amazon account at a time. So in my favor take some action on my request and as soon close this account, already I have done a permanent account closure process. While by the name John Waugh I have registered with this account, if you will need any other details for further verification, you may contact me at the same destination. Thanks so much
Your Loyal Customer
John M Waugh
Note: When you want to delete your Amazon account permanently, that time you should provide a specific reason for what you need to close that respective account. While you should clearly mention in the mail, that you want to delete that account on a permanent basis. Apart from that, you should inform to Amazon customer support team that takes action about deleting all the personal details of yours which are already linked with that account like your email address, contact details, credit card, debit card details, etc. All the names are mentioned in the email example are given for just an example, these names are not directly or indirectly relevant to any existing person. If any kind of similarity is found there then it will be just a coincidence.
How to Remove Email From Amazon Account
As you have read earlier about the permanently Amazon account deletion process. Actually when you want to delete your account from Amazon, that time you can do an account closure request as you have read above.
But in the account closure email, you should mention that all the data and contact details should be removed from the Amazon platform. It is the necessary thing about your personal data security purpose.
On the prior basis, you can go through the below-given process to delete the account and its related to your personal data. Let’s go to know more about it.
- Here you will get to see the account closure link so with the help of that you can directly go to complete the account closure task. Tap or click on next given link – https://www.amazon.com/privacy/data-deletion
- When you will click or tap on the above-given link you will visit the log-in page of Amazon. Here you will need to enter your valid account details, make sure that account details should be of that account which you wish to delete.
- Next, when you will be entered into the Amazon page, you may check for all the important details like pending orders, credit or debit card details, funds available on that specific account, received back money details, etc. If you have decided that anyhow to delete this account, then you will need to select any specific reason to complete the account removal process.
- When you will do the above task, next you will get to see the box in front of that you will get read like that “Yes, I want to permanently close my Amazon account and delete my data”. Tick on to this box.
- Finally tap or click on “Close my account”.
Once you have completed the above-given steps your Amazon account closure request will submit to the Amazon support team. While within a few days your account will be deleted.
On this way primary basis you can submit a request for account closure as well as remove data that have already been linked with this account like debit card, credit card, contact details, email address, email, etc.
In case after submitting this request then also you have noticed that email and other details are not deleted permanently from Amazon then you can write an email to the Amazon team. Hopefully, you will get a satisfactory response from their team and your email-related details will go to remove them from their sites.
Up till now, you have read two methods through that you can not only remove your Amazon account but also can delete other details from their site. Very rare times you may need to write an email for the deletion of account-related data like email and all.
Most of the time once you have submitted a request for account deletion that means Amazon goes to take Initio by their site and complete the process about the deletion of the account and other details.
Note:- Whenever you need to delete an account from the Amazon site that time you should complete log in the process through that account which you want to close. The main reason behind that is if you go to send an email for account deletion permanently that time Amazon goes to review your request and other details linked with that account. While at the end the same account goes to delete by which you have sent an email to them. So carefully try to do all of this thing.
How to Delete Amazon Photos Account
Amazon provides the best storage service for their users, where premium membership users can store photos and video into that. In case if any users want to delete photos or video content permanently from that then they can do that easily that further, you will get to read more details.
Deletion of a specific Amazon account means all the other services linked with that account will be automatically going to the end. So in case if you want to delete the Amazon photos account that you will need to delete that account permanently so that all other services will be stopped associated with that account.
Up till now, you have read various methods through that you can delete an Amazon account so you may follow them if you wish to remove an Amazon photo account.
Now lets go see how prime membership users can delete photos from Amazon storage platform, relevant details about that as per given below.
- At first open Amazon photos
- Next you will get to see delete icon(Trash Icon), tap or click on that.
- Here you will need to select all of that photo and video content, which you wish to delete permanently.
- At the top of the screen you will get to see ‘Delete Permanently option’, tap or click on that.
- Finally give confirmation to Amazon about your current action for that click or tap on ‘Confirm’ button.
By going through the above simple steps you can free up your Amazon storage space as well as you can delete some specific content that you don’t want to keep continuing into storage.
How to Get Rid Of Amazon Business Account
If you are a user who has already created a business account on Amazon and after some time you want to quit from that platform then you can do that very easily, for that you will need to use below given simple steps.
Amazon business account cancellation process:
- At first you will need to log in by valid account details through which you have registered on the Amazon business platform.
- Once you have completed the log-in process on the Amazon business platform. You will need to select the ‘Business Settings’ option.
- Next you will get to see there ‘People’ option, select that option. Generally, when you will select the people to option that time you will get to see all of that business person list who are already linked with your account.
- Now here you will need to remove all of that individuals because you want to take action about account deletion. So delete them by tapping or clicking on the ‘Remove’ option.
- Some times such users may get connected with more than one group in that situation you will need to remove them from all of that groups.
In this way, you can complete the business account removal process.
How to Erase Amazon Account.
- Go to the website of Amazon. You have to go to “Account and Lists” and click “Your Account”.
- See if you have any order or transaction pending. If it is, you need to wait until it is completed and then try to close the account.
- You can also cancel those orders and proceed to close your account. For this, click on “Orders” which you will see in the top right corner of the home page. Click “Open Orders” at the top of the home page. Then click on “Cancel items” and then on “Cancel selected items” which is near the right edge of the page.
- Go to the bottom right of the page. Under the “Let Us Help You” section, click on “Help”.
- Next step is to go to the “Browse Help Topics” and then to “Need More Help”. You have to click on “Contact Us”.
- On the “Contact Us” page, you will see “What can we help you with?” in the top right corner. Go to and click “Prime or Something Else”.
- After this, you have to go to the “Tell us more about your issue”. Click on “please make a selection” and there you will see a drop-down menu. Click “Login and Security”.
- There is another drop-down menu below the first. Click on “Close my account”. After this, you will see below a section that will give you three options. How do you want to contact Amazon? The options are through E-mail, Phone, or Chat. E-mail is the best option to choose from. You can go to the other two, too. But using either will not close your account instantly. So, e-mail is recommended more times.
- If you choose e-mail, you have to fill a form requesting to close your Amazon account.
- For a phone, you have to type your number in the space provided and then click on Call me now.
- The third option is Amazon’s Chatbot. You will need to chat with it and ask for closing your account. It will direct you to other options. Choose the one related to login and security. It will ask you if you wish to talk to a representative.
- If you sent an e-mail, you will receive a response from Amazon’s representative within 1 day.
- Talking to a representative, you can tell them that you want to delete your Amazon account. A representative will again suggest you rethink will ask what are the reasons behind your decision and will try to offer possible solutions. Further, the representative will tell you about the services you are going to lose if you closed the Amazon account. If you insist, your request will be processed. For this, you have to send an e-mail again that you are sure of deleting the account. Follow the instructions. Your account will be closed within the time frame of 12 to 48 hours.
As you have seen closing the Amazon account is not so simple but if you wish to do so, going through these steps will help you. You must note that after deleting/closing your Amazon account, you will not have access to your account history. You will not get returns or refunds for orders or closed orders.
Another thing to mention is if you had a Kindle then after closure of your Amazon account, you will be unable to access any Kindle content and subscription. It is better to download and save the content you haven’t downloaded or saved yet before closing your Amazon account.
Amazon is a giant service-providing platform that works on multiple domains. Once you create a valid account on Amazon then with the help of that account you may access various services of Amazon. When you delete any specific Amazon account at that time, through that account details you will not able to access other services of Amazon. If you want to know about the Amazon account deletion process then you can get references about that from this article.
Frequently asked questions about Amazon account deletion process
Ans: If you have created Amazon jobs account through existing Amazon account details that time you will need to delete that account. Here only after that, your Amazon jobs account will be deleted. In another case if you have used other details to create an account then you will need to follow the next given steps: Sign in on the Amazon Jobs platform, Review product and service related information, Select specific reasons about account deletion, Tick into the box in front of “Yes, I want to permanently close my account and delete my data. Tap or click on ‘Close my account’.
Ans: Follow the next given steps to erase Amazon Account: Tap on the next given link: https://www.amazon.in/privacy/data-deletion> Sign in to that account details which you want to delete. > Review about products and services which are associated with this account> Mention any specific reason in to drop down box, due to which you want to delete your account.> Tick in to box in front of “Yes, I want to close my account and delete my data.> Click or tap on Close my account.
Ans: 1. Log in through any active Amazon account 2. Contact support through Chat option 3. During the chat provide that account details for verification purposes, which are currently locked and you wish to delete. 4. Do request for account deletion through chat.
Ans: 1. Log in through any active Amazon account 2. Contact to support team via chat option 3. Provide all details about hold on account for verification purposes through chat 4. Do request about hold account deletion.