How to Change the Steam Profile Name
Steam is a video game that was developed by Valve. It was launched in the year 2003 as a standalone system. Steam is a digital distribution, Social entertainment platform which is mostly played by multiplayer gaming and social networking.
Steam’s primary function is to allow the user to download various games and software by their virtual libraries to their computers and game cache files.
If you are thinking about changing the Steam account name, merging two accounts, or deleting your steam account permanently, then here is the following information :
Change Steam Profile Name.
How to identify Steam ID?
- Steam ID provides you to generate a unique account with the help of the numeric code.
- Start any multiplayer game randomly.
- Choose the option and move toward the keyboard tab.
- Now click on the advanced button and select the option of Developer Console.
- Hit apply and Click on OK
- Now generate a server or create one.
- open the menu screen and press the tilde and move towards the upper left-hand corner of the keyboard for the loading console.
- Now type your status in the console text field that is empty.
- then hit enter.
- The user Steam ID will be portrayed to the right of the screen with the nickname on the console window.
Is it possible to change the steam ID / Steam Account?
Users cannot change the steam ID or steam account even with the help of the customer care executive. However, the user can just change the name of the player by using the community setting option
- Move toward community settings.
- then choose edit.
- My Steam ID page.
- Input the name the user want to keep.
Deleting the Steam Account – How to delete the Steam account
There is a difference between uninstalling Steam and deleting your Steam account. Uninstalling means just freeing up the hard disk space. Deleting the Steam account means all the account details, licenses, D keys, and everything that has with one account.
Many people ask the lion whether they can change their account/ID or not. Well, the answer is a big No.
Steam has mentioned on their website that they cannot be changed.
The Steam Account/ID is private to you and not visible to anyone. The steam community name is what other people see as your name this can be changed at any time.
open the steam client and open the profile.
After the file is opened click on the edit profile which is located on the right side.
From here the user will be directed to the profile setting where you can edit information. Here you will see the dialogue box named.
Profile Name This is the user’s community name which is visible to other people as your name.
After changing the name, they should scroll to the bottom of the page, where the user will find the button which says “Save Changes”. Now click on that button and the name of the user will be changed.