How Much Data Does Live Streaming Use
Internet is so common and essential thing in this era, Across the world all things have come over the online platform. Every basic need-related stuff is available on the online platform, whereas other services like entertainment, traveling-related services, etc. have been settled well over here.
But when users are going to search such various types of services over the internet, a few basic questions come into their mind How Much Data Does Live Streaming Use? What are exactly data-consuming criteria, etc?
It’s obvious thing because internet data plan prices are different in every country, In some countries internet plans are available at a very cheap rate, On the other side it’s not that much affordable for some countries people like as in some African countries internet prices are costly.
How Much Data Does Live Streaming Use?
Here we are going to do a rough analysis of this topic on the basis of some aspects and internet service-related parameters, By which you will get to know how much internet data you are going to spend for live streaming use. Focusing moreover live streaming content like audio, video, etc.
Important Basic Aspects About Internet Data Use.
Whenever you go for live streaming some basic things should be clear in your mind, like as your data use will depend on content quality resolution as well as the specific time for which you are getting that service. During that span either you are streaming live TV movies channels, News channels, sports channels, etc.
On another side nowadays some movie and music service providing platforms are also available like as Amazon Prime, YouTube, Netflix, etc. Where premium quality music and video content are available, By these sources you are getting content with the help of the internet.
Also, your Internet data plan can be helpful for you to analyze live streaming use, if you have a 1 GB plan and you are streaming low-resolution quality content i.e. 144p, 240p then at low data you can use Internet service for some hours. On another side same task if you are doing high-resolution content, Then high data will be spent and the service will be for a low span.
Stream Breakdown Parameters For Video Contents.
Here given below important stream breakdown Parameters for video content, with their help of them it will be easy for you to get understand this concept.
1. Low Quality: If you are streaming low-quality live video content i.e. 240p, 320p then for one hour of service you will spend 300 MB/hour of data.
2. SD Quality: 480p resolution video content is categorized as SD quality content, For one hour if you are live streaming SD quality video content, then you will be spending 700 MB/hour of data.
3. HD Quality: 720p resolution is categorized as HD quality video content, For one hour if you are using 720p quality video content then you will spend around 1 GB/hour of data.
4. Full HD Quality: 1080p quality video is categorized as a full HD video, If you are going for live stream by using 1080p resolution quality video content, then you will spend 1.3 GB/hour data for it.
5. UHD: 2K and 4k resolution video contents are categorized as UHD video, For one hour if you are going to live stream 2k resolution video content then you will be spending 3 GB/hour of data and for 4k resolution video content you will be spend 7.2 GB/hour data per hour.
If you are streaming live video on Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc. then this kind of data you will spend.
Stream Breakdown Parameters For Audio Contents.
If you are streaming live audio content on an hourly basis, then you will spend data as given below.
1. Normal Quality: If you are life streaming normal quality or low-quality audio content for one hour, then you will spend 40 MB/per hour of data.
2. High Quality: For high-quality live streaming audio, you have to spend 70 MB/hour of data.
3. Extreme High Music Quality: For one hour if you are streaming live extremely high-quality audio, then you will spend 150 MB/hour of data.
Per Day Wise Data Consumption Parameters (For Video Content)
1. Low Quality: If you are live streaming low-quality video content for one day then you have to spend 7.2 GB/Day data.
2. SD Quality: You have to spend 16.8 GB of data, For live streaming SD quality video content for one day.
3. HD Quality: You need to spend 24 GB of data for live streaming HD quality video content for one day.
4. Full HD Quality: To stream live full HD video content for one day, you have to spend 31.2 GB of data.
5. UHD: For one daily basis if you are live streaming 2k quality video content then you have to spend 72 GB of data, while for live streaming to 4k quality video content you have to spend 172.8 GB of data.
Per Day Wise Data Consumption Parameters (For Audio Content)
1. Normal Quality: If you live streaming normal quality audio content, then for one day stream you have to spend 960 MB of data.
2. High Quality: To live Stream high-quality audio content for one day, You will have to spend 1.6 GB of data.
3. Extreme High Quality: On a one-day basis, if you are going to live stream extremely high-quality audio content, Then you have to spend 3.6 GB of data.
Monthly Base Data Consumption Parameters For Video & Audio Content.
How Much Data Does Live Streaming Use? For Video Content
1. Low Quality: For a whole month if you are going to live stream low-quality video content, then you will have to spend 216 GB of data.
2. SD Quality: For a whole month of live streaming of SD-quality video content, You will have to spend 504 GB of data.
3. HD Quality: To use HD-quality video content for a whole month, You will have to pay for 720 GB of data.
4. Full HD Quality: To live Stream full HD video content for a whole month, you will have to spend 936 GB of data.
5. UHD: If you are going to live stream 2K resolution quality video content for a whole month, then you will have to spend 2160 GB of data in that month. While for live stream 4K resolution video content, You will have to spend 5184 GB/Month of data.
How Much Data Does Live Streaming Use? For Audio Content
1. Normal Quality: For one month of live stream of normal quality audio content, You will have to spend 28.8 GB of data.
2. High Quality: To live stream high-quality audio content for the whole month, you will have to pay for 48 GB of data.
3. Extreme High Quality: If you are going to live stream extremely high-quality audio content for a whole month, Then you will have to spend 108 GB of data.
It is a clear thing by going through all parameters of data consumption, that you have to spend data as per your use according to span like per hour, per day, or whole month basis. Also which kind of quality resolution content you are going to use, the also the main responsible aspect behind your data consumption.
Hope this article’s information is enough to clear your all doubts about data use, as well as somewhere you got basic information about data consumption policy.
FAQ about How Much Data Does Live Streaming Use
Ans: Actually it’s nothing like that, live streams going to use data according to the span in which you are streaming content i.e. per hour, per week, per month basis. Also, it depends on the content type like audio or video, As well as content resolution like as low quality, HD Quality Full HD Quality, etc.
Ans: If you are streaming low-quality content for 2 hours then you will have to spend 600 MB of data and 900 MB of data for 3 Hours.
For SD-quality video content you will have to spend 1.4 GB data for 2 hours, while 2.1 GB data for 3 hours. For HD-quality content, you will have to spend 2 GB for 2 hours, and 3 GB for 3 hours.
If you are going to live stream Full HD video content for 2 hours then you will have to spend 2.6 GB of data, while for 3 hours of streaming, you will have to spend 3.9 GB of data. If your content has a 2K resolution, then you have to spend 6 GB for 2 hours and 9 GB of data for 3 hours span.
4K resolution content for 2 hours consuming 14.4 GB data, while for 3 hours consuming 21.6 GB data.
Ans: Data going to consume according to span, content types like audio, video, etc., and content resolution. For more details check our full article
Ans: To live stream 480p resolution content you need 700 MB of data for one hour.
Ans: You can live to stream normal quality audio content for around 50 hours, while for high-quality audio content, you can stream around 28 hours on a 2 GB data plan. If you are going to live stream extremely high-quality audio content then you can use a 2 GB data plan for around 13 hours.
Ans: 5 Hours
Ans: 9 GB data you need to watch a 2K resolution movie I.e Movie duration calculated here 3 Hours(Standard movie span)