Hello friend, I will today tell you all about Archive Mail and its uses. Nowadays, every one of us might be using Gmail. While using Gmail, many of us do not know various modules that incorporate the Gmail page. Each module is very useful in different conditions. Archive mail is one of these modules.
When a message is Archived in Gmail, it will be hidden from a user’s mail inbox; but it is not deleted permanently. Then where the message goes? The message is moved into your All Mail Section. Because of this facility, the user does not need to delete anything. This is a facility to keep your mail inbox more compact and adequate.
This facility is like keeping some files in your safe locker. Any message archived by you can be viewed again anytime by clicking on the “All Mail” label, which is available on the left side of your Gmail page. To add important facts about this facility is that when you get any response to your archived mail, the mail again gets included in your regular mail inbox.
About Archive Mail
How to send a message to Archive :
- In the Gmail inbox select a message by clicking on its left side small box.
- When you select a message, the very first icon on the toolbar with a downward arrow sign indicates the Archive button.
- Click on the Archive button and your message will be sent to the Archive section. It will not display in the inbox list.
How to collect the Archived message back into Mail Inbox
- To the left of your mail inbox, you can see the vertical menu list.
- The list contains the All Mail label.
- Click on All mail labels and right-click on your mouse.
- You will show the option “Move to Inbox”. Click on it and you will regain that message back to Inbox.
Automatic Archiving of a Message
If you want an option to automatically move the message to the Archive section, follow the steps below :
- Click on the Settings button, on the right upper corner of the Mail page and choose settings option.
- In this list, find the Send and Archive option and chose any option you want.
- Go to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
There are two options in the settings section.
- If you select the Send and Archive option, the message will be automatically going to archive after you reply to that message.
- If you choose only the Send option, your reply will be sent, but your original message will remain in the Inbox.
How to find which message is archived mail?
Finding which message is Archive Mail is easy. Open the All Mail section of your Gmail. This section contains the messages in your inbox as well as the messages which are Archived.
- The mail which has the “Inbox” label on its left-hand side, is the mail present in your Mail Inbox.
- The mail which does not show “Inbox” label in the left-hand side, is the Archived
- Another Method: If you know the subject line, keyword or sender of a particular Archived email, you can type the information in the Gmail page search bar, at the top side of the page.
MailVault For Companies
MailVault is an application that makes the email archiving and backup process easy and secure. It works with all systems and is available for Microsoft Windows and Linux.
- 10 minutes set up.
- Free evaluation.
- Smart search and restoration.
- Privacy controls.
- Secure and Efficient storage.
- Simple to use and maintain.
- Smart alerts and reports.
How to use
- Configure mail server to copy all message in one archive mailbox
- Enable POP3 (or IMAP) access for the archive mailbox.
- Include this mailbox as a mail source into MailVault.
- All the company mails get collected as archived mails.