Nowadays, many people in this world carry out online transactions from bank to bank and person to person, on a regular basis. In order to carry out these transfers, we often rely on some applications that are secure, and reliable and can help us in carrying out online transactions.
How to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App
Apple Pay and Cash App are some of the very widely used and popular digital payments applications, and in this article, we are going to discuss how can we transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App. But before we even dive into the discussion, let’s first talk briefly about what is Apple Pay, and what is Cash App, in case you are not familiar with either of the two.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple pay, as the name suggests, is a digital payment application developed by Apple Inc. which runs on Apple devices, like Apple iPhone, iPad, iWatch, and Mac. The Apple pay application comes built-in for many newer devices from Apple, and the service can only be used on an Apple device. If you do not have the application, or somehow you have deleted the application, you can download it for free from the app store.
With the application, you can make payments, send money, and buy applications from the app store. But one thing to remember is that this service can only be used on an Apple device.
What is Cash App?
A cash app is a payment application, which allows the users to quickly send, receive money, and invest their money. This payment service is owned by Block Inc (formerly Square Inc.). The basic features of the Cash App are similar to some other mobile payment services.
With the Cash App, the users can send money, make payments, pay bills, and do much more. It is available for download and use on the play store, and the app store. This means that the cash app can be used on Apple devices, as well as on Non-Apple devices.
Can we transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
Well, the Apple pay and Cash App are two very widely used mobile payment applications. If you want to transfer money from the Apple Pay to Cash App, you can do so, but not directly. Well, how we can get this going, is by first transferring the money from Apple Pay to your bank account, and then to your Cash App wallet. Now, let’s figure out how can we do that.
How to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
Before we even dive into the process, make sure you have got all the things ready, like you should have access to the bank account information, to which you are transferring the money. Also, remember that you can transfer money from your Apple cash instantly or within 1 to 3 business days. When you transfer the money from your Apple cash card, you can either send the funds to the bank account within 1 to 3 business days, or you can use the instant Transfer to send funds instantly to an eligible visa or MasterCard debit card.
Transfer money from Apple Cash to the Bank account
- Step 1 – So, as our first step, we need to open the wallet. So, if you are on an iPhone, open the wallet app, tap on your cash card, and then tap on the more button.
If you are using an iPad, just open the Settings app, tap Wallet and Apple Pay, and then tap on your Apple Cash card.
- Step 2 – Select the option which says “Transfer to Bank”.
- Step 3 – Enter the amount and tap Next.
- Step 4 – Here, you get options like instant Transfer or 1 to 3 Business Days. You can tap on either option, depending on how fast you want to receive money. (note that with an instant Transfer, the funds would be transferred to a debit card). So, if we want to make a bank account transfer, we would select the option which says “1 to 3 Business Days”. In case you do not have a bank account set up, you would need to add one.
- Step 5 – confirm the transaction with Face ID, Touch ID, or Passcode.
- Step 6 – Wait for the money to be transferred. Note that this may take 1 to 3 Business Days.
So, this way, the money would be transferred from the Apple Cash to the Bank account. After this, we have to get the money from the Bank account to the Cash app.
Transfer money from Bank Account to Cash App Wallet
Once you have the money into the Bank Account, you can easily transfer them to the Cash App Wallet. You have to follow the given easy steps, and the money would be transferred from the Bank account to your Cash App wallet.
- Step 1 – Launch the Cash App application.
- Step 2 – On the home screen, click on the banking tab.
- Step 3 – Press Add cash.
- Step 4 – Tap Add.
- Step 5 – Use the Touch ID, or enter your pin to confirm.
Following the above steps, the money from the Bank Account would be transferred to the Cash App Wallet. Carrying out these transactions is very easy, and following the above-given steps, we can add the money from our Apple Cash to the Cash App wallet. Alternatively, you can also add the Cash App Card to Apple pay.
Another method to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App
If we are required to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App, we can link the Cash App to Apple Pay, as a Bank Account, and this can be done with the help of the Cash App routing number. Let’s have a look at how can we do this. First of all, understand that for this method, we are going to require the Cash App routing number, and account number.
To find it, you have to first launch the Cash App, then on the home screen, you have to click on the bottom left tab, which shows the balance, and in the window which opens now, you have to click on the cash option, and there, you can find the routing number and the account number, which you have to note down somewhere, because we are going to need these details later.
So, with these details, we can now get into the process of transferring money from Apple Pay to the Cash App. Follow the given steps –
- Step 1 – You have to open the Application, so, we just need to move to the settings, and then find the option which says Wallet and Apple Pay, and just open it.
- Step 2 – Now, you have to select the Apple Cash tab.
- Step 3 – After this, you have to select the Bank Account tab.
- Step 4 – Now, if you have already added some bank accounts here, you need to delete them first. (in case you had not added any bank account, you can proceed to add a bank account there, and use the routing number and the account number, which we had noted down earlier)
- Step 5 – After you have deleted the Bank account, you should select the option to add a bank account.
- Step 6 – Now, in this window, you get the fields, where you have to enter the Cash App routing number, and account number. You have to enter the details carefully and crosscheck the details so that you can make sure that you are entering the right details. After this, just press next, and confirm the details. After you have registered successfully, you can find Lincoln Bank or Sutton Bank’s name on the added bank.
- Step 7 – Now, return to the Apple Cash home screen, and select the transfer to bank tab.
- Step 8 – Enter the amount that you want to transfer to Cash App.
- Step 9 – You get two options, like instant Transfer, for fast payments, in which we are charged for the service, and another option, which says “1 – 3 Business Days”. You can choose either of the two options.
- Step 10 – Finally, tap on transfer, and use your Touch ID to complete the transaction.
So, this way, the transfer takes place. You can have a look at the transaction in the Application. The transfer of funds may take 1 – 3 business days.
How to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App without a card?
If you want to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App without a card, the process can be quite tedious, but we can do it. But here, we have to be sure, that you have added the same bank accounts in the Cash App and Apple Pay. Making this sure, we can simply send money from Apple Pay to the linked bank account, and then add money from the bank account to your Cash App wallet.
This was about how can we transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App. Note that it cannot be done directly, but we can transfer the funds from Apple pay to the Bank account, and then transfer the funds to the Cash App. Following the above steps, you can transfer the funds from Apple pay to Cash App. You should note that the Bank account that you are transferring the money to, should be the correct one. You can try the above steps, and transfer the funds from Apple Pay, to Cash App.
FAQ About How to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App
Q: Can I send money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
Ans: Yes you can, but not directly. You can follow the mentioned set of steps from the above article, to be able to send the money from Apple Pay to Cash App.
Q: Can I add a Cash App card to Apple Pay?
Ans: Yes, you can follow the given steps to add the Cash App card to Apple pay –
Tap the Cash Card tab on the home screen of the Cash app.
Tap on the image of your Cash Card.
Select Add to Apple Pay, and follow the steps.
This way, you can add the Cash Card to the Apple Pay.
Q: Can you link Cash App to Apple Pay without a card?
Ans: We can add Cash App as a bank account in Apple Pay. This process is very easy, and you can do it in very less time. You just need the routing number, and the account number, which we can get in the Cash App.