It might be a situation, where you deleted some important emails from your iPhone, and now you want to restore them back, and now you are worried about how to recover the permanently deleted emails on your iPhone. Well, do not worry, since we are going to have a look at some of the methods you can try, in order to recover the permanently deleted emails on your iPhone.
Note that recovering the permanently deleted emails on the iPhone may not be possible every time, but there are some things that we can try doing, to recover the deleted emails on our iPhone, especially if you have made a backup through iCloud, it will be very easy for you to recover the deleted emails.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails on iPhone
Before we get to see some methods to recover the permanently deleted emails on your iPhone, one thing should be noted that it may not be always possible to recover the emails, but there are some ways that we can try, which can help us recover the permanently deleted emails on our iPhone. Also understand that if we can recover the deleted emails from our iPhone, then it is pretty much easy to do so. Let’s have a look at some different methods to recover permanently deleted emails on our iPhones.
Method 1 – Recovering the email on iPhone through the trash
First of all, it is a thing to wonder where does the email go after it is deleted? Well, the answer is very easy. When you press the delete button on the mail, they are not deleted permanently, but they are moved to the trash folder. From the trash folder, you can perform the recovery of the deleted email.
So, in order to restore the deleted emails from the trash, you can follow the given steps –
- Go to th` e mail application on your iPhone.
- Click on the mailboxes in the upper left corner.
- After that, you have to click on the trash option which is available on the screen.
- The trash is where your deleted emails are there.
- Now, you have to click on the edit option.
- After that, you can choose the emails that you want to restore.
- After you have selected all the emails to restore, you have to click on the move option on the screen.
- On the next screen, just click on the inbox, and you will move the selected emails from the trash.
Note that the emails you delete go to the trash. If you want to restore all the deleted emails from the trash, you will have to select them all. Also, another thing is that the files in the trash are deleted after some time interval, and are permanently lost.
So, after some time interval, the files will be deleted, and you won’t be able to recover them, so this should be kept in mind if you are deleting some email, and you need to recover it after some time, make sure you do so within the time interval, else it will be lost permanently.
Method 2 – Recover the permanently deleted emails using iCloud Backup.
This is a simple solution that can help you recover permanently deleted emails from your iPhone. If you have the data backed up, you would be able to restore the emails. But before we move to the solution, one thing is to be noted using this method will delete your iPhone data, since we are going to reset all the content and settings.
Note: Using this solution will delete the data from your iPhone, so you should use this solution only if you have all the data backed up.
These are the steps to recover the permanently deleted emails using the iCloud
- First of all, go to the Settings application.
- In the settings, you have to go to the General option.
- There you can find another option, which is Reset. You have to click on that.
- After that, just click on Erase All Content and Settings.
After you are done with the process, you will get a popup screen with some instructions. You can connect to the internet using mobile data or the Wi – fi, and then follow the on-screen steps.
Once you come to the Apps and Data, you have to select “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
You have to sign in to iCloud and choose the relevant backup option which has your emails.
Method 3 – Shake the iPhone, to get the deleted emails back
Note that this method works only when you just have deleted the email mistakenly, and now you wish to recover those emails. So, if this is the case that you just mistakenly deleted some email or emails, and now you wish to recover them, all you got to do, is shake your iPhone.
Once you shake your iPhone, a popup window opens, asking you whether or not to undo trash. You can simply click on the undo option, and get the emails recovered.
There is a very useful feature in the iPhone, where you can simply shake your iPhone, and get the deleted emails within a moment.
But it is to be noted that, if you just have deleted the emails mistakenly right now, and just want to undo the action, the shake is going to work. But this process should be done immediately after you have deleted the mail mistakenly. This simply means that this feature helps you retrieve the mistakenly deleted emails from your iPhone.
Method 4 – Restore missing emails from iPhone using the iCloud.com
The thing is that if you have created a backup of your important emails on iCloud, then it is very easy for us, to restore the emails. We just have to follow the given steps –
- Go to your favorite browser, and just open icloud.com
- After that, you have to sign in using your iCloud account(So make sure that you know the ID and the password)
- After you are logged in, just click on the “Mail” option.
- Here, you have to choose the emails that you wish to restore, and just click on the “Restore” option
- Alternatively, you can go to Settings, and then click on the Restore Emails option under the Advanced tab. After following the on-screen steps, you would be able to restore the emails.
Note: If you are going through the above steps, the emails may or may not get restored on your iPhone, since it depends on the settings and the configuration of the iPhone for the backup.
Method 5 – Retrieving the emails through an archive
You can get the deleted emails back on your iPhone through the archive option. Let’s have a look at how are we going to do that. Here are some of the steps –
- First of all, go to the Settings Application on your iPhone.
- In the settings, you can find the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option. You just have to click on that.
- Here you have to choose the account, and then the settings for that particular email would be opened.
- There, you can simply see the “Archive Messages” option at the bottom. If that option is turned off, simply turn it on, in order to enable archiving.
- Once you are done with this, all the deleted emails will be archived in the “All Mails” folder.
- Now, you can close the settings app, and just open the Mail app. There, you can find the three-line icon at the top of the screen. You have to tap it to access the menu.
- From the menu there, simply select the mail account from which, you want to retrieve the mails (in case if you have multiple accounts linked)
- After you have selected some account, you would see the “All Mails” option, and you have to click that. Once you do that, you will be displayed all the emails associated with that particular account, including the deleted emails.
- Now you can click on some deleted email, to restore it, and then you can simply move it using the given option, to some other folder.
If some email gets deleted from the inbox, then it can be a thing to worry about because it might be some important email. But there are some ways you can recover permanently deleted emails on your iPhone. Above are discussed some methods, which can help you recover permanently deleted emails from your iPhone.
The thing is that all the above ways may or may not work since it depends on a lot of other parameters. However, you can try using them, and see if they work for your case.
Alternatively, you can also make use of some third-party software or services, which can help you retrieve permanently deleted emails. Also, there are some other benefits as well, which are provided by third-party services. However, we do not promote or recommend using any third-party services or software. This article is intended only for informational purposes.
FAQ About Recover a deleted email
Ans: When we delete some emails, they are moved to the trash, and recovering the emails from the trash is very easy. You can simply go to the trash, and then move that email from the trash to the inbox. Note that the deleted emails are there for some time interval (for example 30 days) after deletion, and they are gone forever after that.
Ans: Yes, it can be possible to recover permanently deleted emails, but it may not always work, since it depends on a lot of things. If you have the required backup, or your deleted email is still inside the trash, or you have archived the emails, or if you just deleted some email mistakenly, etc, in such situations, you can recover the emails.
Ans: Well, first of all, do not panic since there is a solution to this problem if you have just deleted the mail. The thing is that it is gone to the trash, so you can recover it from there. Alternatively, you can just shake your iPhone, and you will get a popup window, asking you whether or not to undo the trash. There you can just select the undo option, and get the deleted email back.
Ans: When some email is deleted, it is moved to the trash, where it stays for some time(for example 30 days). After that, the email is gone forever. So, when the email is still there in the trash, you can simply restore the email.