Change Username Spotify
As it is possible to change the username easily on some Social Media Platforms, while some users may think to change their username on another online platform. As the user signs up with Spotify, many of the users want that in a Spotify should have provision to change the usernames. About changing the username in Spotify, many users are confused about what actually they should do to complete that task, if you are the one among them then this article will help you with that.
As Spotify has clearly said that once the user signs up for the account he/she cannot change its username. But with the help of some easy tasks, you can make changes in Spotify username. Now important thing is to get know what are that effective methods which can help you to change the username in Spotify, that will be very much interesting to get know for you.
If you are a Facebook user, then the good news is that you can make changes in your Spotify username with the help of Facebook. No matter you have signed up on Facebook with your phone number, in all situations, you will be able to change Spotify username. To get to know more about various methods of username changing in Spotify, you will need to read this article carefully. Hope you will get that for what exactly you are searching for, if you will like this article then share it with other people.
How to change Username in Spotify
Main Content Of This Article:
- How to change Spotify Username
- Spotify Username Changing With The Help Of Facebook.
How to change Spotify Username
As a Spotify user one thing you may have noticed is that for every user Spotify offers one unique username with the help of that you get to identify.
If someone is fed up by looking the same username every time on their Spotify interface and now they are in a mood to change about it, then this information will help you to explain that.
Here Spotify affirms to their users that, in any condition, no one can change their username on Spotify but as per your wish you can take some chances in the display name. You can replace the Spotify display name with the username and that will appear on your profile.
Let’s go to see the method for changing the display name on Spotify. Below given simple steps will explain you, read them carefully;
- Open/Launch Spotify app on your phone.
- After entering into the Spotify app, you will need to tap on the ‘Home’ option.
- Next you will need to tap on the gear shape ‘Settings’ icon.
- In the settings option you will need to tap on the ‘Display Name’ option.
- Tap on ‘View Profile’ option.
- Next tap on to ‘Edit Profile’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Change Display Name’ option, here you can change the display name as per your wish.
- Also with display name you can change profile picture too, so if you for that then you can change profile picture and display name together.
- Finally when everything will be done, then tap on the ‘Save’ option. Your desired changes will be updated for the Spotify profile.
In this way you can easily change the display name by following the above easy and beneficial steps. You can go to check for the desired changes which you have done in to display name. From that time you will get to see there that your display name appears with a new name while you can feel a different experience with a new display name. Hope this information will be helpful for all of them who had a question in their mind like how to change the display name on Spotify.
In other words, this explanation is the answer for all of them whose question was how to change nickname on Spotify.
Create New Spotify Account
At any condition you can’t change username on Spotify because that is unique and neither can be the same as another one. This means no users can’t create give the same username for two or more Spotify account.
One important thing here is that your username is not that much important as your email address and password, because every time you need to log in on Spotify through the email address and password. While another method is to log in through Facebook.
Now if you are very much stubborn and want to make changes in username only rather than Spotify display name, then you will need to create a new Spotify account.
With a new account you can get the new username from Spotify, while you may either delete your already existing account or you can keep continuing both of them. Here now you can operate two accounts through different usernames. This is the only one way by which you can get a new username for Spotify.
Spotify Username Changing With The Help of Facebook
Method 1 – Change Username In Spotify By Connecting The Account To Facebook On Computer.
- First of all, open the Spotify application on PC.
- Now click on the arrow which is pointing down next to the profile picture
- Then select the ‘Settings’ from the drop-down list
- In setting option, scroll it until you see the section Social, you will see a blue button that tells you to “Connect the Facebook”.
- A pop-up will be opened, which tells you to enter the email and the password to access the Facebook account.
- Then just click on the login button to link it with your Facebook account.
- Once when you will log in to Spotify with the help of Facebook, your Facebook account name will appear to Spotify profile.
Simply in this way you can change the username in Spotify with the help of Facebook on your personal computer. While every time you can do the same thing, you will need to log out every time from your Spotify account to apply this method.
Method 2 – Change Username In Spotify By Connecting The Account To Facebook On Mobile Phone/Smartphone.
- The User has to open the application Spotify on Android, iPhone, or any other device.
- Then click on the icon which is in the upper right corner to open the settings.
- Now scroll down till you see the option called “Social” click on it.
- Along with the Social button there, you will see a toggle button on and off, there you will see Facebook-Button click on it.
- There will be a pop-up that says that Spotify wants to access your Facebook Account to sign in, click on the continue which will automatically open the Facebook mobile application. Please enter the details if it says to connect the account.
- After successfully done login with the help of Facebook, your Facebook account name will start to appear on Spotify profile, that’s it.
This is all about username changing in Spotify with the help of Facebook, after reading this explanation hope you will be able to make desired changes in your Spotify username.
As a user if you wish to change your username in Spotify then it is impossible for everyone. The reason behind that is Spotify does not allow any user about to make changes into their username, but on other side you can change the Spotify profile display name with that you can replace your username.
Apart from that Spotify offers to log in via Facebook, so if any user wishes to connect with Spotify via Facebook details, that time after linked with Facebook account, you can get to see there that Facebook profile name appears on Spotify profile. To get to know about all of these methods you can get references from this article.
Frequently asked questions about how to change username in Spotify
Ans: You can’t change the username of that account that is already existing, you need to create a new Spotify account so that only you can get the new username from Spotify. You can change the Spotify display name while with that you can replace your username.
Ans: Normally you can’t change your Spotify username. Those who have created a Facebook account via the phone number they can only change Spotify profile name with the help of a number. Here you will need to connect with Facebook from the Spotify platform while there will be a need to log in to Facebook via phone number and password. In another word, we can say this is the method where you can change your Spotify profile name with the help of a number. Because once Facebook and Spotify will be interconnected that time Facebook account names will start to appear on Spotify profiles.
Ans: You can’t change your username on Spotify, because Spotify doesn’t offer you that kind of facility. But if you are going to change the display name on Spotify then you can replace that name with your Spotify username. In another way, if you are doing log in to Spotify via Facebook then your Facebook account name can appear Spotify profile. These are some ways with the help of them you can edit username on Spotify.
Ans: If you wish to change the display name on the Spotify desktop then you will need to follow the next given steps:
1. Open Spotify application
2. Tap on the Home option.
3. Next tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
4. Ahead, Tap on the ‘Display Name’ option.
5. Tap on ‘View Profile
6. Next tap to the ‘Edit Profile’ option.
7. Tap on the ‘Change Display Name’ option.
8. Enter desirable new display names into the field.
9. Tap on the ‘Save’ option.