In today’s article, we will talk about the Comcast email and will discuss in details each and every aspect of the Comcast email. We will discuss Comcast email settings, how to create Comcast email, and will learn how to check Comcast email on devices.
How to Set Up Comcast Email Address with an Email Program
If you are reading this section, then you might be ready to start using your Comcast email. Follow the article to know about how to set up an email program for Comcast and these settings that we will discuss in our article will have you up and running in no time.
Email Settings: Following are the settings that you can use when you have been asked by the program to set up your email. Below are the settings that you can use to connect your Comcast email-
- Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON
- If Needed: 143 with SSL ON
- Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP)
- If Needed: 465 (SMTPS)
- SSL Encryption: checked
- Authentication: Type in your Comcast username and password
Email Setup: Port Numbers and POP vs. IMAP
While setting up your Comcast Email account. you will be asked some information about email “protocols.” Following are the basic things that you should consider at the time of setting up.
Port Numbers: An email port number is basically a description of how your email moves from one email server to another. We no longer support port 25 following it compromises security and can spread spams too. Users who are still using an older email program like Outlook Express, Outlook, or Mac Mail, might face trouble sending the email.
POP vs. IMAP: Users can use POP (Post Office Protocol) and IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) as the two different ways to get an email in your email program. We at this point will recommend our users to use IMAP for their Comcast email.
The reason for using IMAP in the email is that POP can cause problems sometimes when users check their Comcast email from more than one devices including smartphones or computers. IMAP provides better synchronization of emails while checking it on multiple devices.
How to Create Xfinity Email
To create an Xfinity email, users will first have to visit www.xfinity.com to access Xfinity Connect. But in case if you have not subscribed with Xfinity Internet and/or Xfinity Voice, you can use Comcast.net email address to access Xfinity Connect.
Basically, you can create up to Seven Email Accounts with Xfinity email. So let’s begin!
- Users will first have to add an account by going to www.xfinity.com and clicking My Account. Now follow the step by step instructions to add additional Xfinity usernames to your account:
How to add or invite a New User to Your Account?
- First sign in to My Account as the primary user.
- Next step is to Click or touch the Users tab at the top of the page.
- Now select the option to Add a New User which is placed Underneath the current user portals.
- Now select the Create credentials option and click Continue. Also, choose to Send email invitation and follow the instructions below.
- Now in the next step, you have to fill out the form with your personal details which will include first and last name, along with others.
- Keep one thing in mind that you have to put billing permissions toggled to Off to grant basic account access.
- Now users will have to set up a secret question and answer for username/password recovery purposes. This is the last step, and users will have to click on Create Account after that.
- Now a confirmation message will appear on the screen, and it will display the username and email address of the newly added user.
- Now as you have been added a new user, you can now change your email address, or you have even had the option to transfer your email and contacts from other accounts to Comcast.net, at https://comcast.transfermyemail.com.
Note: One thing that should be kept in mind is that if you are no longer a subscriber or a paid customer of Xfinity Internet or Xfinity Voice, you won’t be able to create or add any of those new email accounts to Xfinity.
How to Manage your Xfinity Email
In this section we will talk about what steps you can take to manage your Xfinity Email:
- The first step is to view a menu of email options. In this step, you need to view options, including reply, forward, and delete.
- Now the next step will require moving emails to a folder from your inbox using the drag-and-drop feature.
- In the third step, you have to type the first few keys on an email address, and auto finish feature will complete the rest for you.
- You can enjoy spam-free email as Comcast customers will have the benefit of automatic advanced anti-spam filtering and protection feature that will keep spams far away from your system.
How to Get Comcast Email on Mobile Devices ( iPhone)
The only way to bring Comcast Email on mobile devices is using Xfinity Connect app. The app lets users access your Comcast email and voice messages on the smartphones. The Xfinity Connect app is currently available on the iPhone and Android devices.
Besides giving you access of Comcast emails on your mobile phones, Xfinity Connect also provides access to your “Xfinity Connect Universal Address Book, TV listings and Xfinity On Demand videos.” The app also allows users the freedom to share free text messages which can be used outside of the wireless plan.
So if you are willing to use Comcast email on your mobile devices, all you need to do is download Xfinity Connect app from the app store on your iPhone or Android devices and get started.
So today we have discussed each and every aspect of Comcast email that will be useful to our readers, and they can easily set up and create Comcast email using this information.