How to change WeChat id
In today’s article, we will discuss one of the most anticipated problems that users are nowadays facing with WeChat accounts. As we all know that most aspects of a WeChat account are rigid, and if one wants to sell his/her WeChat account which is performing well then he/she might have to face some problems.
How to change WeChat id How to change a WeChat ID
WeChat account rigidity has recently raised a lot of questions including, can users change their WeChat ID and if yes, then what will be the procedure for the same.
So, in this article, we will discuss the things that users should know about their WeChat ID. We will also explain the operation to change the WeChat ID.
Is It Possible To Change A WeChat ID?
Before actually learning how to change a WeChat ID, we should first learn about the limitations of changing a WeChat ID. A user cannot change or remove a WeChat ID if set once. The only way to change a WeChat ID if set once, is to create a new WeChat account with the desired ID.
Users must also be aware that while creating a new WeChat account, the system will assign each user a default ID. Users will then be allowed to change their default IDs within 1-3 months. If a user fails to change his/her default ID within this period, then the default ID will become the permanent ID.
Steps To Change A WeChat ID
Users that haven’t changed their default IDs yet can follow these steps and change their WeChat IDs to the desired ones.
- Step 1: The first and the basic step is that open WeChat app on your device and login to your WeChat account.
- Step 2: After logging in, tap on the “Me” tab located at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Step3: Now tap “Settings” and choose “Account Security” from the options presented on the screen.
- Step 4: This is the most important step of the whole procedure as it will let you know whether you can change your WeChat ID or not. Tap on “WeChat ID” at the top of the screen, if the text field opens up, enter the new WeChat ID and tap “Save”. And in case if the text field doesn’t open, you can’t change your WeChat ID.
- Step 5: Moving towards the final step, keep in mind that the ID you have just typed is the desired ID as this is the last attempt and you won’t get any further chance to change the WeChat ID. Now Click “OK” in the dialogue box that appears to confirm the new ID as the desired WeChat ID.
Following the above steps, one can easily change his/her default WeChat ID to the desired ID.
So, finally, we have discussed each and every aspect required to change the WeChat ID. We have also discussed today a brief procedure to change the WeChat ID. But as we all know that there is a limitation to the procedure and a user can only change his/her default WeChat ID once, and no further changes are possible.