A career in the IT industry
If you were to decide on a suitable career that is exciting, widespread, and rewarding, then IT is a field that comes to mind straight away.
The tech industry is the fastest growing industry today, and its branches have spread across all areas including medicine, engineering, food and processing, banking, etc. There’s also plenty of exciting areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, the Internet of Things, and Networking that you can venture into.
The key to success for any professional in the above-mentioned fields is in the candidate’s fundamental knowledge in IT. Be it hardware, operating systems, devices, or security, a good foundation is essential for the growth of your career.
The importance of certification
While there is no lack of opportunities available in the vast tech industry, employers tend to demand particular job specifications, and the competition among IT professionals is tight Free 220-1002.
This is especially true among entry-level professionals with a lack of experience. Hence, a well-recognized and appropriate certification will definitely help you stand out among other candidates. The ideal certification should have the following qualities:
- Reflect the requirements of the current industry
- Validate skills related to the latest technologies
- Be accredited and standardized under the rules and regulations defined for certification programs
- Be trusted by leading organizations
CompTIA A+ Certification
When it comes to entry-level certifications in the field of IT, there are hundreds of vendors that claim to offer high-standard credentials, but the truth is that there’s only a handful of vendors that do so. CompTIA is one of the world’s leading certification vendors that offer credentials covering a variety of technologies under a range of expertise levels (from entry to expert).
The CompTIA A Plus certification is one of the most popular entry-level credentials offered in the core category. Here are a few benefits of obtaining the A+ certification:
- This credential is recognized and trusted by leading tech companies like Ricoh, Intel, Nissan, HP, Dell, etc. Employers believe that CompTIA A+ verifies all the fundamental skills that the current industry requires.
- The CompTIA A+ certification has acquired the globally recognized ISO/ANSI accreditation status. These standards give access to a whole range of job opportunities in the market.
- Upon certification, A+ gives you eligibility to further validate your skills in other specializations by applying for other advanced credentials offered by CompTIA.
- The company offers a convenient and effective method of certification renewal. Through the CompTIA Continuing Education program, you can keep your skills updated and relevant without undergoing too many activities.
CompTIA A+ exam
When applying for the A+ certification, you have two exam options, i.e. the 900 series (older version) or the 1000 series (2019 release). The 900 series will retire on July 31, 2019, after which the 1000 series will be the only option left. The two series have unique content, so if you are in two minds about which option you should pick, I strongly recommend you go through the content of each series individually and choose the one that best fits your ambitions.
The 900 and 1000 series both include two exams each. You must pass both tests in order to become certified. The 900 series consists of 220-901 and 220-902 exams while the 1000 series has 220-1001 and 220-1002.
In general, each of these exams will last for 90 minutes and will contain a maximum of 90 questions of multiple-choice, drag-and-drop, and performance-based type.
Core topics of 220-901 and 220-902 tests:
- PC hardware and peripherals
- Mobile device hardware
- Troubleshooting hardware
- Installing and configuring operating systems
- Fundamentals of Cloud computing
Core topics of 220-1001 and 220-1002:
- Mobile devices
- Networking technology
- Network troubleshooting
- Cloud computing
- Installing and configuring operating systems
- Software troubleshooting
- Operational procedures
- Expanded Security
The scores for each exam are given on a scale of 100-900. The passing score for exams 220-901 and 220-1001 is 675 while the passing score for 220-992 and 220-1002 tests is 700.
How to pass your CompTIA A+ tests on your first attempt?
Below are some tried and tested tips and tricks that you can include in your preparation and practice sessions to obtain optimum results.
- Take a professional course or follow good quality training available online to learn the fundamentals assessed in the tests. Take this process seriously as everything you learn here will set the foundation for your future IT career.
- Utilize virtual labs or set up your own lab at home. Pay special attention to practical-oriented topics such as networking, troubleshooting, and security. This will not only help you achieve good results at the exam but will help you become more competitive in the workplace.
- Exam dumps can have a significant impact on your performance at the exam. Examsnap is one of the well-reviewed platforms that offer dumps for hundreds of IT exams including CompTIA A+ 900 and 1000 series. Furthermore, you can simulate an actual exam environment with the help of the Vumingo Exam Simulator and conduct realistic practice tests. Constant training in this environment will help you reduce anxiety and familiarize yourself with the question formats.
- Make it a habit to read articles posted on the CompTIA blog. They contain information that could be beneficial for your future career and knowledge.
CompTIA A+ certification stands among the top 10 entry-level IT credentials in the world. The A+ certification leads to higher pay, numerous job opportunities, and easy career growth. The exams can be challenging to pass, but if you follow the right practices and use the tools to enhance your performance, you too can surpass the passing score on your first try.